Concordia College - St John's Campus

Share to

22 February, 2019

Concordia College-St John's Campus and St John's Lutheran Church has a rich and longstanding history together, beginning with St John's Lutheran Church building and establishing St John's Lutheran School which opened it's doors to 19 students on the 12th of February 1952.

On 1 January 2016, Concordia College and St John’s Lutheran School, which were historically two separate schools, joined together as one school adopting the names Concordia College-Concordia Campus and Concordia College-St John's Campus.

The Concordia College-St John's Campus and St John's Lutheran Church still walk a close path together with Pastor Andrew Brook spending time with the staff and students.

He meets regularly as support for Concordia-St John’s Campus principal, and is a member of the Spiritual Life Team.

He offers pastoral care and conducts pastoral rites as needed. The Lead Pastor is also a non-voting, ex-officio member of the Concordia College Board and attends the regular Board meeting, as well as Concordia Campus Spiritual Life Committee.

This connection has further been strengthened by the appointment of a shared Spiritual Life Coordinator, Paula Meyer, who aids further collaboration and partnership between Church and School.

Students from Concordia College-St John's Campus lead a School Service once a term, at the 10.30am Service at Concordia College Chapel.

 

More From 'About Us'